This recipe came from the October issue of KIWI Magazine.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup canned pure pumpkin
2 large eggs
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup 1% lowfat milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat 24 mini-muffin wrappers with oil or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the two flours, ground flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, milk, oil and vanilla and stir until well mixed.
4. Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake 15 to 18 minutes (if you're making 12 full-size muffins, bake for 20-23 minutes), until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool 5 minutes before removing the muffins.